The purpose of human life is to serve, and to show compassion and the will to help others.
– Albert Schweitzer
Seattle Trucking Crash Attorney
The Trucking Watchdog blog is provided by Coluccio Law, in the interest of advancing public knowledge and awareness of truck safety and trucking law.
For more than 30 years, attorney Kevin Coluccio has been helping people who were injured in serious truck crashes.*
In trucking cases, time matters.
A violent crash is scary and stressful.
Often, injured people wait months to get legal help.
But commercial trucking companies are prepared to defend themselves: and, they start immediately after a serious crash.
- Insurance: Insurance carriers for truck drivers and trucking companies have a lot of money at stake, and defend truck crash cases very aggressively.
- Attorneys: Most trucking companies have a lawyer involved immediately after the crash is reported.
- Investigation: Trucking companies have “accident response” teams on-call. An investigator, a company safety person, and a risk management team usually come to the scene of the crash. The information they gather is used to support the trucking company’s insurance adjuster and attorney.
After a semi-truck crash, it is crucial to get help right away.
An attorney can help you navigate the insurance maze, conduct a through investigation of the crash—and preserve valuable evidence.
Understanding Trucking Law
In a truck crash, cause and fault are more complicated than a car crash.
There are a lot more players in a commercial truck operation. The truck driver, the carrier, the tractor-trailer owner, the loading company: any of them might have caused—or contributed—to the truck accident.
An experienced trucking attorney has to know both federal and state laws, in addition to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR), including:
- Licensing requirements for truck drivers;
- Required documentation;
- Limits on consecutive work hours by hours;
- Training requirements;
- Weight, size and route limitations; and
- Trucking insurance minimums.
Attorney Kevin Coluccio Awards and Recognition
- Washington Super Lawyers, Top 100 since 2007
- Top 100 Litigation Lawyer, Washington – American Society of Legal Advocates, 2015
- Best Lawyers in America – Personal Injury Litigation, Plaintiffs 2010 – 2015
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated: Martindale-Hubbell*
- Top 100 Lawyers, National Trial Lawyers Association, 2015
- Gerry Spence Trial Lawyers College, Warrior, 2010
- Highest rating by Avvo – See Avvo Client Reviews for Kevin Coluccio
For Lawyers: Referring a Trucking Case to Coluccio Law
Kevin Coluccio values his relationships in the legal community of the Pacific Northwest. He is an active leader in the trial lawyer community, and committed to helping advance the trial bar.
He has worked with attorneys in Washington, Oregon and across the U.S. in his more than thirty-year career.